How to set up your email account in Outlook 2010
If you’re looking for a guide on other versions of Outlook, you can find these below:
Let’s get started…
- Click File and select Add Account.
- Place the following settings in the Email Account section under Auto Account Setup:
- Enter your full name in the Your Name field
- Enter your email address in the Email Address field
- Enter your password in the Password field
- Confirm your password again in the Retype Password field
- Click Next to begin the Auto Account Setup process.
- If a pop-up box appears asking to allow your email service provider to configure server settings, click Allow.
- Once you receive a message telling you that set-up is complete, click Finish.
If the above steps fail, you can try again using the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option, select Next and follow the steps below:
- Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
- On the Add New Account window enter the following information:
- in the User Information section, enter Your Name and E-mail Address
- Choose IMAP in the Account Type dropdown
- In the Incoming mail server field, enter mail.lcn.com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, enter mail.lcn.com
- Enter your full email address into the User Name text box
- Enter your email address password into the Password field
- Click More Settings and select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Tick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and ensure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click OK and select Finish.
- Outlook 2010 will test your email account and two green ticks will appear if all the information is entered correctly.
- Once testing is complete, click Close.
That’s it! You’ve now completed your email setup on Outlook 2010.