How to activate Authenticated SMTP
What is Authenticated SMTP?
Authenticated SMTP allows you to send emails from any compatible device or application using our outgoing mail server. Once SMTP is activated you will be able to set up your email account using our set up guides found here.
Why is it not included?
Authenticated SMTP isn’t included in the base price of our email hosting packages for two reasons:
- To make our hosting packages as cost-effective as possible for those who are happy to use our Webmail service that comes free with all LCN email accounts
- To keep our servers free of spam and other undesirable usage which can have a major impact on the performance of our email platform and the level of service we give our customers.
What are the benefits?
Increased security – As our SMTP service is an addon, only users who have purchased the service can send emails from our SMTP server which makes them safer by preventing spammers a quick way to send junk via our servers to other mail providers. In addition, users must authenticate the connection to the server using their email login details – this is why it is called ‘Authenticated SMTP!’
Access anywhere! – Unlike many other SMTP services, we do not require you to be connected to a specific internet connection. As we authenticate all logins with a username and password, you can connect to our SMTP server anywhere in the world!
Adding Authenticated SMTP
This guide will show you how you can activate this feature directly from your LCN account.
Let’s get started…
To activate your Authenticated SMTP
- Log in to your LCN account and move to your Control Panel
- Click on the domain that you have email set up for which you would like to use SMTP
- Under your Email hosting click Activate to the right of Auth SMTP.
- Complete the checkout process.
That’s it! You have now activated SMTP.