Before you start, you’ll need to set up a Google Analytics account. You can learn about this and how to get started with Google Analytics here.
Let’s get started…
Installing the plugin
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. You can do this by navigating to http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-login.php
- Hover over Plugins on the left had side and click Add New
- Use the search bar in the top right had side to find Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
- Click Install Now
- Once installed you’ll need to turn the plugin on. Do this by clicking Activate Plugin
Connecting to Google Analytics
Once active, you’ll need to link the plugin to your Google Analytics account.
You can do this by clicking Settings from the screen displayed immediately after the plugin is activated.
Alternatively, you can go to Plugins, Installed Plugins and click Settings under the Google Analytics by MonsterInsights section.
- From the General tab click Authenticate with your Google account.
- A box will appear for you to login to your Google account
- Click Allow to give MonsterInsights permission to view your Google Analytics data
- Next an authentication code will be displayed. Copy this and paste it in to the Paste your Google code here field
- Click Save authentication code
- Select your Analytics profile from the drop down
- Click save changes
Now this is set up, you’ll be able to view your analytics by hovering over Insights on the left hand side of the WordPress dashboard and clicking Dashboard.