Getting started with the LCN Web Design service
If you are reading this then you have most likely just signed up to our Web Design service and you’re wondering “what do I do now?” Or you are considering our design service and wondering “how does it work?”
This guide will provide you with a breakdown of what you will need for your design brief and get your perfect website created.
Let’s get started…
Signing up to the customer portal
- Purchase your desired Web Design package from here. Or contact the support team and they will help you get the right package for you.
- After purchase, our design team will be notified and they will set you up in your very own customer portal.
- You will get an email invite to your portal. Follow the sign-up link within and get yourself set up.
- Verify your email address.
That’s it, you have now signed up and have access to your very own customer portal where you will now have direct access to the design team. Make sure you save the design portal link so you can get back to it.
If you ever lose it though you can always sign back in from here.
Submitting your web design brief
After you have signed up, your first task will be to submit your design brief. You will want to do this as soon as possible as the longer it takes for the designer to get your brief the longer it takes for them to get started on your site.
- Access your customer portal
- Click Design Brief.
- You will be presented with a form which you will need to fill out so the design team know how you would like them to present your ideas. Things they will need to know include:
- What is Your Service or Product?
- What Design Features Are You Looking For on Your Website?
- Are There Any Colours You’d Like Us To Use?
- Following the form, you will also provide the designer with your pages, what you would like each page to be and what you would like to be featured within.
- Click Send.
That’s it! You have now signed up to the design portal and sent your design brief.
Everything else throughout your build is done via the portal so keep an eye on things and make sure you keep up to date with any requests.