Anyone can buy a co.uk domain name, there are no restrictions.
.CO.UK Domain Registration
Register a .co.uk domain for your UK business today
What is a .co.uk domain?
The .co.uk domain is about as British as it comes. When we see this extension used for a business website, we know we are dealing with a UK-based business and that’s a good thing. Studies show that more than 81% of internet users in the UK would rather buy from a .co.uk website than a .com. In addition, 93% would choose shopping on a .co.uk website over one of the new domain extensions like .shop or .london.
Secure your .co.uk domain name from LCN.com today.
Why choose a .co.uk domain?
Just a couple of the reasons a .co.uk domain extension is a great one to choose:
- To show your customers that your business is UK-based
- To protect your brand within the UK
- Widely trusted and recognised by users and businesses throughout the world
- More trusted in the UK for ecommerce sites
10+ million .co.uk domains are registered in the UK, and a staggering 2+ million more are added yearly, so needless to say, the frontrunner in this country is definitely .co.uk.
Who can buy a .co.uk domain?
The .co.uk domain extension is available for any business or person to obtain. Your contact information needs to be detailed and up-to-date with Nominet, the official .uk domain name Registry, but this information is simply validated through third-party data sources like Royal Mail.
Purchase your new .co.uk domain name from LCN.com today.
Why register your .co.uk domain with LCN.com?
When you buy a domain name from us, you’re well looked after from the get-go. Our domain registration and renewal prices are among the very best in the UK, and our buying process is so easy.
Start your online journey with LCN.com.
Our support is second to none, based in the UK, and available 7 days a week.
Freebies with every domain
You get a free email address, a free 1-page website** and free Domain Proxy with every domain you buy from us, so you'll have everything you need to get you started.
A brand you can trust
We’ve been doing this a long time! Today, we manage over 450,000 domains for over 70,000 happy customers.
How much does a .co.uk domain cost?
See our prices for .co.uk domains below:
|1 year price||2 years price||5 years price||10 years price|
|.co.uk registration||£12.99 FREE*||£24.99||£51.99||£89.99|
|.co.uk transfer||£0.00 one off fee|
For more information about our .co.uk domain extension, domain registration fees and renewals, visit the domain name pricing page.
Browse .co.uk domain alternatives
If the .co.uk extension isn’t quite right for you or your business, or if the exact address isn’t available, don’t worry there are loads of alternatives to choose from.
Take a look at one of our suggested alternatives below or see our price list for all available domain extensions.
Frequently asked questions about .co.uk domains
Who can buy a .co.uk domain name extension?
Will a .co.uk domain be good for my brand?
Absolutely. If you are looking for a way to show your customers that you are a British business, a .co.uk domain is great way to do that. It is important for many people to ‘Buy British’ and to trade locally rather than globally, and a .co.uk domain extension is an easy way to signal that you are in the UK.
Why a .co.uk domain is good for an online business
77% of Brits who shop online prefer buying from a .co.uk website rather than a .com, and a staggering 93% prefer .co.uk over one of the new extensions, so setting your business up on a .co.uk, means you’re ahead even before you start selling.
Is the .co.uk domain extension a ccTLD?
Yes, it is. The acronym ‘ccTLD’ is one you might have come across in your search for a domain name for your business. The letters stand for ‘Country Code Top-level Domain’, which is what the .co.uk domain extension is.
What is a TLD?
A TLD is essentially the part of the domain name after the chosen web address, like .org and .com, and .co.uk is the country specific code for the UK.
There are more than 1,500 TLDs (Top-level Domains) in use now, but back when it all began, there were only seven: .com, .org, .net, .int., .edu, .gov, and .mil. Then came the country specific ones like .co.uk. And more recently a great deal more have been added to suit almost anyone and anything, like .blog, .movie, .london, and so on.
Can I transfer my .co.uk domain from another provider to LCN.com?
You can, and it’s easy peasy. All you need to do is follow the transfer in process via your LCN Account. Following that, get in touch with your current domain name provider and ask them to change the IPS TAG (short for Internet Provider Security Tag) to ‘LCN’. Once your current provider has updated the IPS Tag, the transfer should complete within a couple of hours. - you can then monitor the transfer from your LCN account. If you have any issues along the way, our super helpful Support team can help.
What does it cost to transfer my .co.uk domain to LCN.com?
It’s free. We don’t charge our customers for transferring .co.uk to or away from LCN.
* The following suffixes are on offer for £0.00 when registered for 1 year using the embedded voucher code - .CO.UK. & .UK & .ORG.UK. This offer applies to new purchases only. The following suffix is on offer for £1.99 when registered for 1 year using the embedded voucher code - .COM. The offer applies to new purchases only. These offers limit you to one £0.00 .CO.UK domain, one £0.00 .UK domain, one £0.00 .ORG.UK domain and one £1.99 .COM domain per account, in a single transaction. Any abuse of the offer, e.g. multiple redemptions, will lead to the order being cancelled and refunded. LCN Limited reserve the right to refuse orders for any reason, including rejecting orders processed outside of the United Kingdom. Additionally, the following extensions will be offered at the prices shown when registered on-site for one year: .online - £3.00, .store - £3.00, .tech - £3.00, .site - £3.99, .website - £3.00, .fun - £3.00, space - £3.00, .app - £12.00, .net - £7.95, .org - £7.95, .info - £6.95, .biz - £6.95 and .uk.com - £22.99. Following the conclusion of the promotion, the domains will be charged at standard LCN rates which can be found here. For EU customers, VAT rates payable will be subject to your country of residence. LCN Limited reserves the right to end, extend and or amend this offer and/or the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. All offers are for the first billing period only, do not apply to renewals, are limited to online transactions and cannot be used where free domain offers have already been redeemed. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any others and may be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of LCN.com. Standard terms & conditions apply.