How to set up your email account in Outlook 2010
If you're looking for a guide on other versions of Outlook, you can find these below:
Let’s get started…
- Click File and select Add Account.
- Place the following settings in the Email Account section under Auto Account Setup:
- Enter your full name in the Your Name field
- Enter your email address in the Email Address field
- Enter your password in the Password field
- Confirm your password again in the Retype Password field
If the above steps fail, you can try again using the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option, select Next and follow the steps below:
- Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
- On the Add New Account window enter the following information:
- in the User Information section, enter Your Name and E-mail Address
- Choose IMAP in the Account Type dropdown
- In the Incoming mail server field, enter mail.lcn.com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, enter mail.lcn.com
- Enter your full email address into the User Name text box
- Enter your email address password into the Password field
- Click More Settings and select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Tick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and ensure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click OK and select Finish.
- Outlook 2010 will test your email account and two green ticks will appear if all the information is entered correctly.
- Once testing is complete, click Close.
That’s it! You’ve now completed your email setup on Outlook 2010.