How to set up Web Forwarding
This guide will show you how to set up Web Forwarding on an LCN domain name with or without hosting attached to it.
Let’s get started…
- Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain without Web hosting
- Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain with Web hosting
Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain without Web hosting
- Sign in to your LCN account.
- Click the Settings Cog for your domain that does not have hosting attached to it.
- Click Forwarding.
- Choose Web Forwarding
- In the box type the URL you would like to forward to. Make sure to include http:// or https:// if the URL has an SSL.
- Choose the Forwarding Method.
- Keep domain name in address bar – Will set up a Masked Forward. The forwarding address will remain in the URL bar.
- “Refresh” to forwarding URL – (Recommended) Will change the URL to show the destination address.
- Choose the Redirect header if forwarding with “Refresh” to forwarding URL:
- Permanent (301) – For when your forward will be a permanent set up.
- Temporary (302) – For when your forward will be a temporary set up.
Choose if you would like to Display banner when choosing to Keep domain name in address bar. The banner will show those that have been forwarded by our forwarding service.
- Click Save
That’s it! You’ve enabled Web Forwarding on a domain without Web hosting!
If you would like to set up information for SEO purposes you will find this information under the Advanced Settings.
Web Forwarding on a Domain with Web hosting
- Sign in to your FTP account for the domain name you would like to forward.
- Go to the /www.domain.com/web directory and find your .htaccess file.
- Right-click the .htaccess file and open it with a word editor such as Notepad or Wordpad.
- Enter in the following text and Save the changes
Redirect 301 / http://www.example.com/
That’s it! You’ve enabled Web Forwarding on a domain with Web hosting!