How to change FTP Security settings
Let’s get started…
Reaching your FTP accounts
To find the settings for your FTP accounts you will first need to…
- Log in to your LCN Account and head over to your Control Panel
- Click the domain you wish to update.
- Next click on Hosting Settings and choose the option for FTP Users.
You will be presented with the FTP users you have for the domain. By default, you will always have one user, however, you can add additional users. You can find out how to do this here.
Updating your FTP Security settings
- Click on the FTP user you would like to update.
- You will firstly find a password reset section. To find out more about resetting you FTP password you can view our guide here.
- Under the password reset option you can choose if you would like this user to be active or not. If you do not wish to allow the user FTP access you can simply set FTP enabled? To No. Otherwise set this to Yes and you will be presented with further options.
- Review and adjust the following options how you see fit for the specific user:
- FTP directory – Here you can choose a specific path that this user will have access to. If you wish to provide full access to the root path leave this blank.
- Allowed IPs – This will specify what IP addresses can access FTP for this account. The field provided may be pre-populated with what may be your current IP address. You can add any other IP address here if you wish. This IP address will be granted FTP access.
- Other IPs – This allows you to choose a limited timeframe for when other IPs will be able to access FTP. For example, if you are creating an account for your designer but you do not have his IP to grant them access, you can open a limited window where they can access.
That’s it! You have now updated your FTP security settings.