How to set up Web Forwarding
This guide will show you how to set up Web Forwarding on an LCN domain name with or without hosting attached to it.
Let’s get started…
- Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain without Web hosting
- Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain with Web hosting
Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain without Web hosting
- Sign into your LCN account.
- Click the Domains icon.
- Click Manage next to the domain you’d like to setup forwarding on.
- In the left-hand menu under Current Domain Select Web Forwarding.
- Enter the URL you’d like to forward to in the Destination field, also selecting either http, https or ftp.
- Select the type of forwarding you’d like to use, the difference between each is explained lower down on the page.
- Click Add Web Forwarding.
That’s it! You’ve enabled Web Forwarding on a domain without Web hosting!
Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain with Web hosting
- Sign into your FTP account for the domain name you would like to forward.
- Go to the /www.domain.com/web directory and find your .htaccess file.
- Right-click the .htaccess file and open it with a word editor such as Notepad or Wordpad.
- Enter in the following text and Save the changes
Redirect 301 / http://www.example.com/
That’s it! You’ve enabled Web Forwarding on a domain with Web hosting!