How to set up Web Forwarding
This guide will show you how to set up Web Forwarding on an LCN domain name with or without hosting attached to it.
Let’s get started…
- Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain without Web hosting
- Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain with Web hosting
Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain without Web hosting
- Sign into your LCN account.
- Click the Domains icon.
- Click Manage next to the domain you’d like to setup forwarding on.
- In the left-hand menu under Current Domain Select Web Forwarding.
- Enter the URL you’d like to forward to in the Destination field, also selecting either http or https.
- Select the type of forwarding you’d like to use, the difference between each is explained lower down on the page.
- Click Add Web Forwarding.
Please note: To use web-forwarding, the DNS A records for your domain will need to point to the IP address: 22.214.171.124. The following guide will provide instructions on how to create an A record
That’s it! You’ve enabled Web Forwarding on a domain without Web hosting!
Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain with Web hosting
- Sign into your FTP account for the domain name you would like to forward.
Note: If you’re unsure of how to do this, please refer to our how to upload files to your website with ftp guide
- Go to the /www.domain.com/web directory and find your .htaccess file.
Note: If you do not currently have a .htaccess file, please refer to our What is a .htaccess file guide to learn how to create one.
- Right-click the .htaccess file and open it with a word editor such as Notepad or Wordpad.
- Enter in the following text and Save the changes
Note: replacing example.com with the appropriate domains
Redirect 301 / http://www.example.com/
That’s it! You’ve enabled Web Forwarding on a domain with Web hosting!