This guide will show you how to set up Web Forwarding on an LCN.com domain name with or without hosting attached to it.
Let’s get started…
- Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain without Web hosting
- Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain with Web hosting
- Sign into your LCN.com account.
- Click the Domains icon.
- Click Manage next to the domain you’d like to setup forwarding on.
- In the left-hand menu under Current Domain Select Web Forwarding.
- Enter the URL you’d like to forward to in the Destination field, also selecting either http or https.
- Select the type of forwarding you’d like to use, the difference between each is explained lower down on the page.
- Click Add Web Forwarding.
Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain without Web hosting
That’s it! You’ve enabled Web Forwarding on a domain without Web hosting!
- Sign into your FTP account for the domain name you would like to forward.
Note: If you’re unsure of how to do this, please refer to our how to upload files to your website with ftp guide
- Go to the /www.domain.com/web directory and find your .htaccess file.
Note: If you do not currently have a .htaccess file, please refer to our What is a .htaccess file guide to learn how to create one.
- Right-click the .htaccess file and open it with a word editor such as Notepad or Wordpad.
- Enter in the following text and Save the changes
Note: replacing example.com with the appropriate domains
Setting up Web Forwarding on a Domain with Web hosting
Redirect 301 / http://www.example.com/
That’s it! You’ve enabled Web Forwarding on a domain with Web hosting!