Adding Google Analytics to your site
Your LCN Web hosting package includes a tool that allows you to easily integrate Google Analytics on your site, without having to manually insert the tracking code on every page where it’s needed.
Let’s get started…
How to create a Google Analytics account and access the tracking ID.
To get started you’ll need to create a Google Analytics account for your domain and retrieve a tracking ID from the Google system. You can begin the process by logging in to Google Analytics here: www.google.com/analytics
You’ll now be prompted to set up your account and your property. Your property is the website you wish to record Analytics data for. Fill in the required fields of data such as your website name, website URL, industry category and reporting time zone.
Accessing the tracking ID
- Visit Admin by clicking on the cog in the bottom left.
- Under Property select the property you would like your tracking code for.
- Under Tracking Info click Tracking Code.
- On this page you’ll see your Tracking ID.
- Make a note of this tracking ID because we’ll need this later.
How to add your analytics tracking ID to your LCN account
Once you have the tracking ID for your site you can easily configure Analytics by following the instructions below:
- Log in to your LCN account and move to your Control panel.
- Click on the domain you want to add your code to.
- Click on your hosting package.
- Move to Google Analytics on the left.
- Change your analytics Enabled option to Yes.
- Enter your Tracking ID
- If you would like to exclude any specific pages or paths you can enter them in the Paths to exclude box.
- When you are happy with your entries, click Save.
How to access Google Analytics data for your site
After following the steps outlined above to create your Google Analytics account and link it with your web hosting, you can go directly to your Analytics account to view the data for your site.
There will be a delay of up to 24 hours before the Analytics Data for your site will be available.
To learn more, check out our beginner’s guide to Google Analytics.
That’s it! You’ve setup Google Analytics for your site.