Acceptable use policy
Setting out the standards that apply when you interact with our website or services.
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
WHAT’S IN THESE TERMS?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
https://www.lcn.com is a site operated by LCN.com Limited ("we" or "us" or "our"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03877731 and have our registered office at Acton House, Perdiswell Park, Worcester, WR3 7GD , which is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is 865 6531 94.
We are a limited company.
Please contact us via your Account, live chat or telephone our customer service team on 0345 363 3637.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
By using our site or our services, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site or our services.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our site and our services only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site or our services:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To send any form of bulk e-mails irrespective of receipt opt-in.
- To gain unauthorised access to third party accounts.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To collect unsolicited or unauthorised advertising material.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or network.
- To use any file sharing programs/protocols to transfer, duplicate, make available or obtain illegally any copyrighted material including but not limited to agreements, licensed software, programmes, data, music, films and other literary or artistic work.
- To carry out email or news bombing.
- To cause or carry out network disruptions and/or other hostile activities or attacks e.g. DoS and DDoS.
- To carry out any form of phishing.
- To forge any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email.
- To run IRC robots or IRC sessions.
- To interfere with the service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- To use an internet account or computer without the owner's authorisation, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning.
- To monitor data or traffic on any network or system without the authorisation of the owner of the system or network.
- To employ programs that consumes excessive CPU time or storage space. We reserve the right to terminate CPU intensive process.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to falsify address information or otherwise modify headers to conceal the sender or recipient's identity, for the purpose of circumventing this policy, is prohibited. This provision is not intended to disallow the use of aliases or anonymous remailers for any legitimate purpose.
- any part of our site or our services;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site;
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- Not abusively register domain names including but not limited to:
- Registering of domain names intended to harras or offend
- Registration of intentionally deceptive domains - for phishing or other abusive purposes, for example:
- Substituting lookalike characters, such as "o" (letter O) and "0" (zero).
- Inserting, deleting or re-ordering characters.
- Adding prefixes and suffixes, such as "update", "login" and "secure".
- Registration of domain names that infringe on registered trademarks
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Live chat support.
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- Blog post comments sections
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
FURTHER SPECIFIC TERMS
- You may not use shared hosting services for back-ups, providing free hosting services or running proxies.
- We provide users with bandwidth, disk space and other resources, such as e-mail and/or file-transfer-protocol ("FTP") accounts, the amount of which is defined in our web pages describing the services purchased at the time of purchase. In some cases, we may not establish a specific amount of bandwidth, disk space and other resources, and refer to that as "Unlimited". In all cases, the services are intended for normal use only, and any activity that results in excessive usage that is inconsistent with normal usage patterns is strictly prohibited.
- All "Unlimited" shared hosting services perform routine checks to ensure usage falls within normal ranges.
- We reserve the right to suspend, discontinue or delete your account where your use of disk space, bandwidth or other resources results in or presents the risk of degradation of service to other customers, regardless of the amount of disk space, bandwidth or other resources included in your service.
- You agree that all resource usage e.g. data-transfer, disk space, etc. shall not exceed the amounts defined in our web pages describing the services.
- We reserve the right to employ traffic shaping techniques on high usage customers and non-time-sensitive applications such as but not limited to Peer-to-Peer ("P2P") file sharing.
- If the data transfer usage of the service by you is continuously and adversely affecting our network and the service to other customers we reserve the right (at our sole discretion) to:
- disable your service, without prior notice, until you can reduce your data transfer usage; or
- charge you for excess data transfers from time to time;
- terminate your service on thirty (30) days written notice.
- You should give us at least forty-eight (48) hours’ notice of any resource intensive activities you wish to perform, so that adequate provisions can be made.
- Any "denial of service" attack, any attempt to breach authentication or security measures, or any unauthorized attempt to gain access to any other account, host or network is prohibited, and will result in immediate services termination, which may be without notice.
- Using any of our services to commit, aid or abet any violation or infringement of copyright, trade mark, patent, design or database right or any other intellectual property right is prohibited. This prohibition includes publishing a private email message or that of a third party, by any means, without the express prior consent of the author.
- Our and your email addresses are not for sale or commercial distribution to third parties without our express prior consent or that of the subscriber.
- You should only have one account with us. If we believe you have set up multiple accounts (for example, in order to take advantage of promotional offers) we will suspend and delete your accounts without notice.
BREACH OF THIS POLICY
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CONTACT US REGARDING ABUSE
If you believe that something illegal or abusive has originated from our network or systems, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting us, please include as much relevant information as possible about the abuse you have encountered. This may include:
- Web address e.g. www.lcn.com
- Relevant date and times
- Log files
- Email headers
All complaints are investigated and our customers contacted where appropriate. We will report illegal activity to the police or relevant authorities and work with them to stop the abuse as quickly as possible. All reports are tracked via our internal ticketing system and kept for a minimum of two years.
WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.