How to use the DNS Snapshot tool
This guide will show LCN customers how to use the DNS snapshot tool. This feature allows LCN customers to restore a previous DNS record and is only available when you have Domain Proxy enabled on your domain.
You can find out more on our Domain Proxy service here.
The tool itself will create individual snapshots of a record prior to a DNS change being made.
In the event a DNS setting is changed in error or to an incorrect record the snapshot tool will provide a quick route to restore to a previous record.
The tool itself will hold historical snapshots for up to 6 months.
Now I’m sure wondering how to use this tool so, let’s get started…
- First login to your LCN Account and head to your Control Panel.
- Click on the domain you wish to update.
- Next click DNS Settings.
- Under the section for DNS History click the drop-down to view your most recent Snapshots. If you would like to view all your snapshots click View all snapshots.
- Click the restore point you would like to restore to.
- You will now be displayed with the records as they were when the snapshot was taken if you are happy that these records are correct click the Restore button at the bottom of the page.
That’s it! You have now restored your DNS settings.