How to set up a naked domain DNS record
This guide will explain how to set up a naked domain DNS record on your domain name. Adding this will allow people to visit your website without the ‘www.’ prefix.
If you need to add another type of DNS record, you can learn how to do this here.
Let’s get started…
- Login to your LCN.com account and click Domains
- Click Manage next to the domain name you wish to add your DNS record to
- Click Edit DNS Settings which is in pink and located on the right hand side of the page
- Under the ‘A’ Records section, click ADD AN A RECORD
- Leave the Hostname field blank and enter the IP Address of the server your website is hosted on
- Click ADD A RECORD
That’s it! Your website will now load using the naked domain.