How to change your nameservers
Nameservers form the backbone of the Domain Name System (DNS) as they create the link between a domain name and its email and website services.
Sometimes you may need to update these, especially if you’re moving to a new hosting provider.
Before you start, you’ll need to know names of your new nameservers, you’ll typically get these from your web hosting provider.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click the Domains icon and choose the Manage next to the domain you wish to amend.
- Click Edit Nameservers in the Current Domain table.
- In the Primary field under Hostname enter the first nameserver address.
- In the Secondary field under Hostname enter your second nameserver address. You can add a 3rd and 4th nameserver if you have them.
- The IP Address field is optional, you can leave this blank.
- Click Update and allow up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect, however, this can be longer. For more information on DNS and Nameserver propagation see our guide here
That’s it! You’ve changed your domains nameservers.