How to change your WordPress database password
If you’ve installed WordPress using one of our Web Apps you will need to get in touch to change the password. However, if you’ve uploaded WordPress manually via FTP simply follow the steps listed below.
Let’s get started…
Changing the password
- Login to your LCN.com account and click Hosting
- Click Manage site
- Click Manage databases which is located under Site Summary
- Click Details
- Next, enter a new password for your database under the Change Password section
- Click UPDATE PASSWORD
Success! You’ve changed your WordPress database password. Making this change will cause your website to display an Error establishing a database connection message until you’ve completed the steps listed in the second half of this guide.
Updating the WordPress configuration file
Now you’ll need to update the password in the WordPress configuration file.
To do this you will need to access your hosting using FTP which you can learn more about here.
- Using your FTP client, navigate to the Web folder
- Right-click the wp-config.php file and select View/Edit
- Select Use default editor for text files and click OK
- Once the file has opened, find the section below:
- define('DB_PASSWORD', 'oldPassword123!');
That’s it! You’ve changed your WordPress database password and updated your WordPress configuration file.