How to set up separate FTP accounts
FTP accounts allow you to manage your website files on your hosting space with us. If you want to give a colleague or web designer access to your website files, but don’t want to give them full access to your LCN account, you can create separate FTP accounts for them.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN.com account and head to your Control Panel.
- Click on the domain you wish to make a new FTP account for.
- Next, click Hosting Settings followed by FTP Users.
- Click the Add FTP user button.
- In the FTP Username field enter a suffix for your new FTP user.
- In the Password field enter a password.
- Confirm password in the second box.
- Scroll down to adjust your FTP settings for this account.
- FTP enabled? – This will determine if this user will be able to connect to the FTP server.
- FTP directory – Here you can choose a specific path that this user will have access to. If you wish to provide full access to the root path leave this blank.
- Allowed IPs – This will specify what IP addresses can access FTP for this account. The field provided may be pre-populated with what may be your current IP address. You can add any other IP address here if you wish. This IP address will be granted FTP access.
- Other IPs – This allows you to choose a limited timeframe for when other IPs will be able to access FTP. For example if you are creating an account for your designer but you do not have his IP to grant them access, you can open a limited window where they can access.
- Once you are happy with your selection click Save
That’s it! You have now created a new FTP user.