How to setup your email account on Windows 8
Please make sure that you have the email address for the mailbox you are looking to set up as well as the password. If you are unsure of any of these details they can be found in your LCN account under the email addresses icon.
- Open up Mail from the metro menu.
- Select view all accounts. This will then open a menu on the right side of the screen and from this menu choose Other account.
- Another menu will pop up and this will allow you to choose IMAP which is the service our mail servers use. Select IMAP and click connect.
- Connecting to our server requires your e-mail address and e-mail password. If you've got these handy, follow through the next points to establish a connection to your mailbox:
- In the Email address & username box, put your full email address and email password.
- In the incoming (IMAP) email server section, add mail.lcn.com and ensure the port number is 143. If a tick appears in the ‘Incoming server requires SSL box, remove this.
- In the outgoing (SMTP) email server section, add mail.lcn.com and ensure the port number is 25. If a tick appears in the ‘Outgoing server requires SSL box, remove this.
- The final two boxes, Outgoing server requires authentication & Use the same username and password to send and receive mail both need to ticked to ensure that you can send mail.
That's it! You have now set up your LCN hosted email on Windows 8.