How to restore your MYSQL database
If you are looking to restore a MySQL databases from a backup, we offer a tool called phpMyAdmin which makes this really easy to do. You need to first make sure you have an active database or create one following our guide here.
- Firstly, you will need to reach your phpMyAdmin control panel for your domain. This is found by typing /phpmyadmin after your domain name. For example:
- Log in to phpMyAdmin with your Database Username and Password, choose the correct Hostname from the Server Choice drop down.
- Once logged in, select the Database tab.
- Select the database e.g. domain_com_db.
- Select the Import tab.
- Click the Choose File button and select the backup file you wish to restore your database from. You should not need to change any of the settings on the page.
- Click the Go button at the bottom of the page and phpMyAdmin will restore your database from the backup file you have chosen.
- If successful, it will generate a message to let you know and also give you a breakdown of the queries executed.
That’s it! You have now restored your database.