How to restore your MYSQL database
If you are looking to restore a MySQL databases from a backup, we offer a tool called phpMyAdmin which makes this really easy to do. You need to first make sure you have an active database or create one following the guide at the link below:
How to create a mysql database
- Firstly, log into the phpMyAdmin control panel for your domain. This is found by typing /phpmyadmin after your domain name. For example:
- Once logged in, select the Import tab.
- Click the Choose File button and select the backup file you wish to restore your database from. You should not need to change any of the settings on the page.
- Click the Go button at the bottom of the page and phpMyAdmin will restore your database from the backup file you have chosen.
- If successful, it will generate a message to let you know and also give you a breakdown of the queries executed.