This guide explains how to create and manage FTP accounts for domains on Cloud servers using Vesta control panel; including the FTP client settings required to connect and upload files to sites hosted on your server.
Let’s get started…
Creating and Managing FTP Accounts
- Login to the Vesta control panel.
- Click the Web menu from the menu bar at the top of Vesta
- Hover over the domain you wish to setup an FTP account for and select edit
- Scroll down the page and tick the Additional FTP option
- Complete the following fields:
- Username: The FTP username for the added account.
- Password: FTP password for the account.
- Path: (Optional) Enter if you would like to restrict FTP access to a specific folder path.
- Send FTP credentials to email: (Optional) Enter an email address to send the account details to.
FTP client connection settings
The following settings can be used when connecting using an FTP client application:
- Hostname: Enter your server IP address, or domain name pointing to the server.
- Username: Server admin, or FTP account username.
- Password: Server admin or FTP account password.
- Port: 21