A name server forms the backbone of the DNS (
Sometimes you may need to point your domain name to alternative nameservers. You can update the nameservers for you domain in you account control panel.
- Log in to your account.
- Click the Domains icon and choose the Manage next to the domain you wish to amend.
- Click Nameservers in the Current Domain menu on the top left.
- In the Primary field under Hostname enter the first nameserver address (nameserver addresses typically start with ns0. or ns1.).
- In the Secondary field under Hostname enter your second nameserver address.
- The IP Address field is optional, you can leave this blank.
- Click Update and allow up to 48 hours for the changes to take effect.
Your nameserver changes will normally complete within a few hours, however it can take up to 48 hours for your changes to update globally.
If you are using any of our Web Hosting or Email forwarding services, we do not recommend changing your nameservers as these services will no longer function.
Here is a quick demonstration
Need a hand? Search over a hundred step-by-step support guides