How to change your nameservers
Nameservers form the backbone of the Domain Name System (DNS) as they create the link between a domain name and its email and website services.
Sometimes you may need to update these, especially if you’re moving to a new hosting provider.
Before you start, you’ll need to know names of your new nameservers, you’ll typically get these from your web hosting provider.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click the Domains icon and choose the Manage next to the domain you wish to amend.
- Click Edit Nameservers in the Current Domain table.
- In the Primary field under Hostname enter the first nameserver address
- In the Secondary field under Hostname enter your second nameserver address. You can add a 3rd and 4th nameserver if you have them.
- The IP Address field is optional, you can leave this blank.
- Click Update and allow up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.
That’s it! You’ve changed your domains nameservers.