nameservers form the backbone of the Domain Name System (DNS) as they create the link between a domain name and its email and website services. Sometimes you may need to update these, especially if you’re moving to a new hosting provider.
Before you start, you’ll need to know names of your new nameservers, you’ll typically get these from your web hosting provider. This guide is intended for customers using an LCN domain name.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click the Domains icon and choose the Manage next to the domain you wish to amend.
- Click Edit Nameservers in the Current Domain table.
- In the Primary field under Hostname enter the first nameserver address
Please note: nameserver addresses typically start with ns0. or ns1.
- In the Secondary field under Hostname enter your second nameserver address.
- The IP Address field is optional, you can leave this blank.
- Click Update and allow up to 72 hours for the changes to take effect.
Please note: nameserver changes can take up to 72 hours to fully complete.
That’s it! You’ve changed your nameservers.