How to set up SSL on your WordPress website
Before you start, you’ll need to have purchased and set up an LCN.com SSL certificate, or enabled a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate for your site. You can learn how to purchase and set up SSL certificates here or how to enable a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate for your site here.
Let’s get started…
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. You can do this by navigating to https://www.yourdomain.com/wp-login.php Please note: make sure that you can access the dashboard for the site via https before attempting to enable SSL for your site.
- Hover over Plugins on the left hand side and click Add New
- Use the search bar in the top right hand side to find Really Simple SSL
- Click Install Now
- Once installed you’ll need to turn the plugin on. Do this by clicking Activate Plugin
- To enable SSL click Go ahead, activate SSL!
That’s it! SSL should now be enabled for your WordPress website.
You can test this by browsing to https://www.yourdomain.com the green SSL padlock should be visible next to your URL bar.