This guide shows you how to set up Windows Live Mail with your LCN email account.
Please make sure that you have the email address for the mailbox you are looking to set up as well as the password. If you are unsure of any of these details they can be found in your LCN account under the email addresses icon.
- Open Windows Live Mail and click the Accounts tab.
- Click the Email Button.
- The Add your email accounts screen should appear. Enter your details and check the Manually configure server settings box. Click Next.
- You should now see the Configure server settings screen.
- In the left column (Incoming server information) - you'll need to enter the following information:
- mail.lcn.com into the Server Address text box.
- The incoming port is 143.
- Remove any tick from the Requires a secure connection (SSL) box.
- Ensure Authenticate using Clear text is selected.
- Your full e-mail address in to the logon user name text box.
- In the right column, Outgoing server information - you'll need to enter mail.lcn.com into the Server address: text box, and check the Requires authentication box. Please use port 25 and then click Next.
- You should now see the Your email account was added screen. Simply click the Finish button and your account should be set up!
Depending on your internet service provider, the default port of 25 should allow you to send e-mail. If you find that you are having problems sending mail, the first step would be to change the port to 26 or 587 under the Outgoing server information.
Need a hand? Search over a hundred step-by-step support guides