How to set up your email account in the Windows 10 Mail app
Let’s get started…
How to add a new account
- Open the Mail app.
- Select Add account from the welcome page. If you’ve already added other accounts to the Mail app previous, go to the settings option at the bottom left of the navigation pane, select Settings > Manage Accounts > Add account.
- Select Advanced setup
- Please note: you may need to scroll down the list of supported account types to see this option:
- Select Internet email as the account type, then enter the following details to add your account:
- The following tick-boxes should be enabled automatically:
- Outgoing server required authentication.
- use the same username and password for sending mail.
- Require SSL for incoming mail.
- Require SSL for outgoing mail.
- Once completed, select Sign in and Done.
Email Address: Enter your full email address Username: Enter your full email address Password: Enter your mailbox password Account name: This is the name you’ll see for the account within the Mail app and under the ‘Manage Accounts’ menu Send your messages using this name: Enter the display name that you want recipients to see when they receive email from your account. Incoming mail server: mail.lcn.com Account type: Choose POP3 or IMAP4. Please note: If you want the account to be synchronised with LCN email server and any other devices the account is added to, select IMAP4. Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mail.lcn.com
That’s it! You’ve successfully set up an account on the Windows 10 Mail app. you’re now ready to send and receive emails.