How to set up your email account in Mac Mail
Before you get started, you’ll need to have your email address and password handy. If you can’t remember these details, you can check and reset them from your LCN account.
You will also need to ensure you have Authenticated SMTP enabled. You can find out how to do this here.
Let’s get started…
- Open Mac Mail and go to Mail in the top left, then Preferences In the box that appears click Accounts.
- Click the + icon in the bottom left of the accounts list to add a new account.
- From Choose a Mail account provider… select Other Mail Account and click Continue.
- Enter a Name for your account as well as the Email Address and Password.
- You will now be presented with a box to confirm the rest of your account details. Fill these in as follows:
- Email Address: Enter your email address if not already showing.
- Username: Your username will be your email address.
- Password: Your mailbox password.
- Account Type: Either POP or IMAP.
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.lcn.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.lcn.com
- Once all of the above has been filled in click Sign In.
- You will now be asked what you would like to use this account for, Mail and Notes, make sure Mail is selected and click Done.
That’s it! You’ve set up your email address on Mac Mail!