How to set up your email account in Mac Mail
Before you start, you’ll need to know the email address and password for the account you’re looking to set up. If you are unsure of these details they can be found in your LCN account.
Let’s get started…
- Open Mac Mail and go to Mail in the top left, then Preferences In the box that appears click Accounts.
- Click the + icon in the bottom left of the accounts list to add a new account.
- From Choose a Mail account provider… select Other Mail Account and click Continue.
- Enter a Name for your account as well as the Email Address and Password.
- You will now be presented with a box to confirm the rest of your account details. Fill these in as follows:
- Email Address: Enter your email address if not already showing.
- Username: Your username will be your email address.
- Password: Your mailbox password.
- Account Type: Either POP or IMAP.
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.lcn.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.lcn.com
That’s it! You’ve set up your email address on Mac Mail!