This guide shows you how to set up Mac Mail with your email address.
Please make sure that you have the email address for the mailbox you are looking to set up as well as the password. If you are unsure of any of these details they can be found in your LCN account under the email addresses icon.
- Open Mac Mail - if the Welcome to Mail screen doesn't appear, click Add Account under the File menu at the top left of the screen.
- You'll then need to enter your full name, email address and password. Click Continue.
- You should then see the Incoming Mail Server screen. Choose the account type IMAP. Enter a description for this e-mail account and then enter mail.lcn.com in the Incoming Mail Server text box. Use your full e-mail address in the User Name text box and your e-mail account's password in the password text box.Then click Continue.
- You should then see the Outgoing Mail Server screen. Choose the account type IMAP. Enter a description for this server (e.g. LCN Outgoing Mail), enter mail.lcn.com in the Outgoing mail Server text box, check the Use Authentication box, and enter your full e-mail address and e-mail password. Then click Continue.
- The final step is the Account Summary screen. Check the details and click Create. Your email account should now be set up and ready to go!
- Click Mail, Preferences and then Accounts.
- Under the account information for your mailbox, click your Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) and then Edit SMTP Server List.
- You can then choose your outgoing server and select the Advanced option. Check the Use custom port box and enter 26 or 587 here.
Depending on your internet service provider, the default port of 25 should allow you to send e-mail. If you find that you are having problems sending mail, the first step would be to change to 26 or 587. To do this:
Need a hand? Search over a hundred step-by-step support guides