If you're away for a given length of time it can be useful to set up an auto responder (also known as an out of office reply) to automatically reply anyone that emails you.
The response can be anything you like, and you’re not limited by character length. An example of an auto response would be:
"I am out of the office until 1st January. I will address your query upon my return. Should your message be urgent, please contact: 01234 567 890, Thank you for your e-mail."
Let’s get started…
To enable an auto responder
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click Email Addresses and select Settings next to the email address you wish to set up an auto responder for.
- Under the Manage Email Address menu in the top left select Auto Responder.
- Tick the Auto Responder Enabled box at the top.
- In the Message Subject field enter a title for your message. This will appear as the subject of your email.
- In the Message field enter your auto response.
- Finally click Set Auto Responder.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully setup your auto responder.
You can toggle your auto responder on and off at any time. You can also set a start date and end date if the auto responder needs to be set up in the future.