How to reset your Office 365 administrator password
This guide will explain how to reset your Office 365 administrator password for customers using Microsoft 365.
This can be done in one of two ways:
Let’s get started…
How to change the password while signed into Office 365
- From within the Office 365 dashboard click on cog icon in the top right corner and choose Office 365 settings.
- Next click on the heading for Password.
- Enter in your current password into the first box labelled Old Password.
- Then enter a new password in box for New password.
- Confirm your password by retyping it into the box for Confirm new password.
- Finally click Save.
That’s it! You have now reset your password.
How to change the password if it has been forgotten
If you have forgotten your password, you will need to request a reset from the sign in page of Office 365.
To this you will need to…
- Open the Office 365 sign in page and click on Can’t access your account?
- Next enter your User ID (this is usually your email address).
- Complete the challenge to verify yourself and then click on Next.
- A page will show informing you that a password reset link has been sent to the alternate email address that you registered to your administrator account.
- Check your alternate email address for the email from Microsoft. (You will need to allow up to 30 minutes for it to be delivered.) Click on the link within the email to reset your password.
- The link takes you to a Mobile Phone Verification page that will ask you for a security code. This code will have been sent by text message to the mobile number registered to your administrator account
- Next enter the code you receive into the Security Code box and click Next.
- You will now be on a page to reset your new password.
That’s it! You have now reset you’re your Office 365 password.