How to hide your details from the public WHOIS database
The WHOIS database is a public register of domain names, their owners, and other key details.
To help protect your personal details from marketing companies LCN can provide free Domain Proxy on all gTLD (except .eu) for their initial registration term.
Your details will remain on file as the legal domain owner and any enquiries for your domain will be forwarded on to you. You can read more on why domain proxy is important here.
Setting up the Domain Proxy Service on an existing LCN domain name that you have not already activated the service on is simple and will hide your details from the WHOIS database, just follow the guide below.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN account and head to your Control Panel.
- Click on the domain you wish to add Domain Proxy to.
- Click Add Domain Proxy under the Domain Registrant Details section.
- Confirm you would like to Add Domain Proxy.
- Complete the checkout process.
That’s it! You’ve successfully setup the domain proxy service.