How to hide your details from the public WHOIS database
The WHOIS database is a public register of domain names, their owners and other key details.
To help protect your personal details from marketing companies LCN provides free Domain Privacy on all gTLD (except .eu) for their initial registration term. Your details will remain on file as the legal domain owner and any enquiries for your domain will be forwarded on to you.
Setting up Domain Privacy Protection on an existing LCN domain name is simple, just follow the guide below.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click on Domains.
- Click Manage, next to the domain you would like privacy for.
- Click Protect my details under the Domain Privacy section.
- Tick any additional domains you would like to setup privacy on and click Add To Basket.
- Follow the checkout procedure to complete your domain privacy order.
That’s it! You’ve successfully setup domain privacy.