Adding a POP account in Gmail
Let’s get started…
Adding a connected account to Gmail
You can check your emails from other providers within Gmail. This is done by adding your account using the Accounts and Import menu from the settings page in Gmail.
- Click the cog icon in the top-right of the page and select Settings:
- Select Accounts and Import from the menu on the settings page.
- Select Add a mail account alongside the option Check mail from other accounts.
- Enter your LCN email address and select Next.
- Select Import emails from my other account (POP3), then select Next again.
- You will now need to enter the following settings to connect your account:
- Username: Your full email address
- Password: Your mailbox password
- POP Server: mail.lcn.com
- Port: 110/995
The following tick-box options will be provided:
- Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server: Optional, enable this option if you want a copy of downloaded messages to be left on the LCN mail server
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail: Enable this option if using port 995, leave unticked for port 110
- Label incoming messages: Optional, enable if you want downloaded messages to be labelled
- Archive incoming messages (Skip the inbox): Optional, enable this option if you want incoming messages to be automatically archived in Gmail.
- After filling out the settings above, select Add Account.
- Select Next to continue.
- You can now select if you want to send outgoing mail from your account using Gmail. If you don’t need to send outgoing mail from your account through Gmail you can select No and then finish and this will complete the setup of your account.
Otherwise, select Yes and then select Next, you’ll now be prompted to enter further information about your email address:
- Name: Enter the display name you want to be shown on any outgoing messages.
- Treat as an alias: optional, select learn more to view further details on this option
Select Next step and continue below to complete set up to send email.
You will now be prompted to enter the following settings to connect your Gmail account to the LCN outgoing mail server:
- SMTP Server: mail.lcn.com
- Username: your full email address
- Password: your SMTP password
- Port: 587
- Secured connection using TLS: leave this option selected
Select Add Account to complete the process.
- A verification email is sent to the mailbox you are trying to add. You will need to check your inbox for the link or verification code to complete the setup.
That’s it! Your Gmail account is now configured to send and receive emails from your LCN email address.