Adding connected POP/IMAP accounts in Hotmail/Outlook.com
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your Outlook.com/Hotmail account.
- Select the cog icon towards the top-right of the page.
- Select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Select Connected Account from the Accounts section of the options menu in the left column of the page.
- Under the option Add a connected account select Other email accounts.
- You'll then be prompted to enter the following settings:
- Display Name: This name will be displayed on outgoing messages you send from the account.
- Email Address: Enter the full email address that you want to connect.
- Password: Enter the password for the email address here.
- Tick the option Manually configure account settings, then select OK
- Select the type of connection that you want to use for your account:
- IMAP/SMTP: The folders for your mailbox will be synced with the LCN mail server.
- POP/SMTP: Messages will be downloaded from the LCN server and stored in your Outlook.com mailbox. Sent messages and other folders will not be synced with the LCN mail server.
- SMTP only: Supports outgoing mail only
- Enter the following settings to configure the account:
- Username: Enter your full email address
- Password: Enter your mailbox password
- Incoming IMAP/POP server: mail.lcn.com
- Incoming server port: Enter 993 for IMAP connections, 995 for POP connections
- Authentication: Basic
- Encryption: SSL
- Outgoing SMTP server: mail.lcn.com
- Outgoing server port: 465
- Select OK to complete the process to connect your account.
That’s it, your connected account should now be configured in Outlook.com/Hotmail to send/receive mail.