How to update the ownership details for your domain
When registering a domain name, it’s important to make sure that the registered ownership details are accurate and up to date.
This guide will show you how to update the ownership details for your domain through your LCN account.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click on the domain you wish to update.
- Under the title Domain Registrant Details click the pink Edit button.
- A form will appear which will currently be populated by your current owner details. Update these details accordingly as you need.
- Once you are happy with your changes click Save.
- Allow up to 24 hours for these changes to update in the public WHOIS database.
Change of ownership for a gTLD
For all generic Top-Level Domains (gTLDs), there is an additional verification step to prove ownership of the domain name. This means that whenever an LCN customer changes the registrant name, organisation, or email address for one of their domain names, we must send emails to both the old and new registrant confirming the new details.
If you are unable to access the original email get in touch with our support team who can help you update your details along with our Domain Admin team.
That’s it! You have now updated your domain owner details.