How to update the ownership details for your domain
When registering a domain name, it's important to make sure that the registered owner details accurate and up to date.
This guide will show you how to update the ownership details for your domain through your LCN account.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click Domains and click Manage next to the domain you want to update.
- Under the Domain owner details click UPDATE OWNER DETAILS.
- Choose an existing contact from the drop down or edit the ownership information by clicking Add new contact.
- Click update domain owner details to confirm the change.
- Allow up to 24 hours for these changes to update in the public WHOIS database
Change of ownership for a gTLD
For all generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs), there is an additional verification step to prove ownership of the domain name. This mean that whenever an LCN customer changes the registrant name, organisation, or email address for one of their domain names, we must send emails to both the old and new registrant confirming the new details. More information on completing this extra step can be found here.