How to set up SSL on your WordPress website
Before you start, you’ll need to have purchased an LCN.com SSL certificate for your site.
Let’s get started…
Enable HTTPS from your LCN account
With LCN we offer a quick way to set up your redirect straight from your LCN account saving you the hassle of fiddling with your website files or site plugins.
To do this you will need to…
- Log in to your LCN account and move to your Control Panel.
- Click on the domain you have added an SSL to.
- Click on your hosting package.
- Now click SSL Redirect from the options on the left.
- Read through the information provided, when you are happy to proceed select Enabled
- Lastly click Update
That’s it! You have now enabled HTTPS.
If you have any problems from this you may wish to disable the feature and perform the redirect with a plugin as outlined below. You may also need to check your site for mixed content as explained in our guide here.
Set up an SSL with a plugin
To set up an SSL with a plugin you will need to…
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. You can do this by navigating to https://www.yourdomain.com/wp-login.php.
- Hover over Plugins on the left hand side and click Add New.
- Use the search bar in the top right hand side to find Really Simple SSL
- Click Install Now
- Once installed you’ll need to turn the plugin on. Do this by clicking Activate Plugin
- To enable SSL click Go ahead, activate SSL!
That’s it! The SSL should now be enabled for your WordPress website. You can test this by browsing to your domain without https, the website should then redirect to https and the SSL padlock should be visible next to your URL bar.