How to upgrade a free mailbox
All our domain names come with a single free mailbox, this allows you to create a personalised email address.
The free mailboxes we offer come with some limitations however:
- Mailbox disk-space is limited to 25MB.
- Only 1 free email address can be created per domain registration.
- Free email addresses don’t include spam filtering features or the ability to whitelist or blacklist senders.
- Free mailboxes only support the IMAP protocol (POP not supported).
The quick and easy solution to these limitations is to upgrade to an email hosting plan - you’ll get more storage for your emails, as well as the ability to create more than one address.
Why upgrade to hosted email?
It’s time to consider upgrading if you find you are often running out of storage space on your free mailbox, or if you need to add more than one email address to your domains.
Here's a full list of benefits to upgrading…
- Increase in mailbox disk space.
- Even more disk-space (if needed). You can add an “email top-up2 of up to 5GB to your hosting plan to increase the amount of disk space provided per mailbox.
- Ability to create multiple addresses.
- Spam filter with virus/malware protection.
- IMAP and POP access enabled.
- Auto-responder support. Our email hosting plans include support for setting up auto-responders if you need to add an out-of-office reply to your email address.
- Access to UK based support.
How to upgrade your free mailbox
You can upgrade your free mailbox to one of our email hosting plans in 3 easy steps.
- First just choose and order an email hosting plan here, or by calling our support team on 01438 532 000.
- Once your order is complete, go to the hosting section of your LCN account control panel and select add domain below the hosting plan on this page.
- Select the domain name from your account to add to the hosting plan and click Add Domain.
That’s it, your existing mail account will be upgraded, you won’t lose any messages already held in your mailbox and there won’t be any downtime during the changeover.