Upgraded to Windows 10 and my emails have stopped working
With the launch of Windows 10 we have found that many customers are having issues recreating their email accounts. This issue seems to be common for some specific configurations although the actual cause isn’t clear at this point. It can happen with any version of Outlook and any email provider.
How to run and repair important windows files
Follow these steps for using sfc with the scannow option to repair important Windows files:
- Right click on the Windows Start menu.
- click "command prompt (admin)" from the list of options
- type the following command and then press Enter:
- System File Checker will now verify the integrity of every protected operating system file on your computer.
- Restart your computer if sfc /scannow did actually repair any files.
- Re-try to send and recieve emails.
Tip: There's a space between sfc and /scannow. Executing the sfc command with its option next to it (without a space) will result in an error.