How to setup your email account on a Blackberry
It's great to be able to access your email on the move. This guide shows you how to set up your Blackberry to send and receive email using your LCN email account.
Please make sure that you have the email address for the mailbox you are looking to set up as well as the password. If you are unsure of any of these details they can be found in your LCN account under the email addresses icon.
- To begin with, locate your handset from the Blackberry Website here:
- From the Blackberry website, locate the specific Blackberry device that applies to you and click on the relevant icon. You should be presented with a screen similar to this:
- Locate the option for Create an email account?. It will be under the following section.
- You should now find yourself on a screen similar to this.
- With your Blackberry mobile phone, enter the Email Setup menu in accordance to the Blackberry guide above.
- If at this stage you are prompted to add an email account, select Other and proceed to the following menu. If you are alternatively asked to enter an email address and corresponding password before proceeding any further, this is where you enter the domain email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and corresponding password you made a note of. If the auto-configure errors stating it is 'unable to set up' your email account, in the next step of the email setup process you will be able to enter the email account settings manually.
- Whilst configuring your e-mail account on the Blackberry, you will need your e-mail server settings. When prompted, choose the option for I will provide the settings or a similar phrase. This will allow you to manually configure the remaining e-mail account settings to get your domain e-mail to your phone.
- Use the following LCN.com email setting details when prompted:
- Email Type: IMAP
- Email Server: mail.lcn.com
- Email Username: Your full email address
- Email Password:Your e-mail password
You can now be able to send mail using your Blackberry!