This guide will show you how to remove the Designed by WooThemes footer located on the WooThemes premium themes. This guide is applicable to customers using LCN WordPress hosting.
Before you start you’ll need to know the username and password for the WordPress administration area of your site. If you are unsure of these details they can be reset from your LCN account.
Let’s get started…
- Login to your WordPress administration panel, which can normally be accessed by browsing to http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-login.php
- Locate your Theme settings on the left-hand panel.
Note: This will be the name of the theme that’s currently active.
- Across the top menu select Footer Customisation .
- Tick the two boxes located next to Enable Custom Footer (Left) and Enable Custom Footer (Right) .
- If you’d like to enter your own custom text in to the footer, put this in the Custom Text (Left) and Custom Text (Right) fields. Alternatively, you can leave these blank.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save Changes.
- Go back to your website and refresh the page. Note: you can refresh the page by holding CTRL and pressing F5 on your keyboard
That’s it! You’ve removed designed by WooThemes from your website’s footer.