How to disable domain privacy
This guide will show you how to disable domain privacy for domains registered to your LCN account.
You can’t disable privacy directly from the basket/renewal page when renewing your domain. This is because disabling privacy will require selecting the registrant/owner details that you want to have associated for your domain and these changes might also trigger validation requirements to verify the new owner details.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click Domains
- Click Domain Privacy which is located in the top left corner.
- You can then review a list of all the domains in your LCN account. Click Cancel my privacy for the domain you wish to remove privacy. You will then need to select the contact to apply to the owner details for the domain. You can select an existing contact from your account, select Add new contact to enter new owner details for the domain.
- Click the tick box alongside: I understand the consequences of cancelling Domain Privacy Protector
- Then click the button Cancel Domain Privacy Protector
That’s it, your domain no longer has privacy and the owner details will be passed on to the domain registry.