How to disable domain privacy
When you register new domain names with LCN, domain privacy will be enabled by default – you can choose to leave this enabled, or to disable privacy if it’s not wanted or if you don’t want to renew privacy when renewing your domain registration.
This guide will show you how to disable domain privacy for domains registered to your LCN account.
It’s not possible to disable privacy directly from the basket/renewal page when renewing your domain. This is because disabling privacy will require selecting the registrant/owner details that you want to be listed in Whois for your domain and these changes might also trigger validation requirements to verify the new owner details.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click Domains and click Manage next to the domain you want to update.
- Click Cancel my privacy alongside the domain privacy options for the domain.
- You will then need to select the contact to apply to the owner details for the domain. You can select an existing contact from your account, select Add new contact to enter new owner details for the domain.
- Click the tick box alongside: I understand the consequences of cancelling Domain Privacy Protector
- Then click the button Cancel Domain Privacy Protector
That’s it, your domain owner details will now be listed in the public Whois database and you can renew your domain without domain privacy.