How to create an AAAA record
AAAA records (so-called Quad-A records) are part of the domain name system (DNS) and their primary use, is to link domain names to an IPv6 (IP Version 6) address of the webserver a website is hosted on.
If you've moved to a new hosting provider, there's a chance you may need to add AAAA records for your domain name. Don't worry if you're not sure what this means, as our handy guide walks you through everything you need to do.
Let’s get started…
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click Domains and Manage next to the domain you want to update.
- Click Edit DNS Settings.
- Click the ADD AN AAAA RECORD button or if updating existing records click Edit.
- In the Hostname field enter the text you want before your domain e.g. www
- In the IP Address field enter the IP address of your server e.g. 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334.
- Click ADD AAAA RECORD and allow up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect, however, this can be longer. For more information on DNS and Nameserver propagation see our guide here.
That’s it! You’ve set up an AAAA record on your domain.