Domain Validated & Wildcard SSL Setup Guide
This guide contains all the information you’ll need to set up your Domain Validated or Wildcard SSL certificate.
Let’s get started…
Setting up your SSL Certificate
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click the SSL Certificates icon on the LCN dashboard (you may have a box appear asking you to complete the current set up).
- Select the Setup link alongside the unallocated SSL certificate.
- Enter the domain name you wish to assign to the SSL certificate.
- Select an email address to validate the certificate.
- Choose the contact for your SSL. These will be the details that will be connected to the SSL when it is generated.
- Click Register Certificate.
Validating your SSL Certificate
- After the setup is complete, a validation email will be sent to the email address selected in step 2 of the setup process.
- Within the email there will be a unique link you will need to follow.
- Click the orange Approve button to approve your SSL.
- The email from your chosen contact will receive an email to confirm the SSL with installation instructions. Don’t worry! You don’t need to install the SSL if you are using us for your website.
Enabling or downloading your SSL Certificate
- Once your SSL certificate has been validated allow up to an hour – you can then enable or download the certificate by going to the SSL Certificates section of your LCN account and selecting to Manage the certificate.
- If your site is hosted with LCN – select Enable to activate the SSL certificate on your hosting, otherwise if the certificate needs to be installed to a different server, select Download to download a zip file containing the certificate.
- Allow up to 24 hours for the certificate to become active on the domain. Once enabled, you can check your certificate is working by going to the https version of your website. E.g. https://www.mydomain.com
That’s it! You have now successfully setup, validated and enabled your SSL certificate on your website.