This guide contains all the information you’ll need to set up your Domain Validated or Wildcard SSL certificate.
Let’s get started…
Setting up your SSL Certificate
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click the SSL Certificates icon on the LCN dashboard.
- Select the Setup link alongside the unallocated SSL certificate.
- Enter the domain name you wish to assign to the SSL certificate.
- Select an email address to validate the certificate.
- To complete the setup process, select and confirm the contact for the SSL certificate - and click Register Certificate
Please note: the certificate will apply to both the www. and naked version of the domain. If you enter a sub-domain (e.g. shop.mydomain.com); the certificate will be applied to the sub-domain only. For Wildcard SSL certificates - enter the naked domain for the certificate to apply to any sub-domain of the domain.
Please note: You will need to make sure the selected email address exists before proceeding - if your domain is hosted with LCN you can go to the Email Addresses section of your account to add the address.
Validating and enabling your SSL Certificate
- After the setup is complete, a validation email will be sent to the email address selected in the setup process.
- Click I Approve at the bottom of the email to validate the certificate application.
- Allow up to an hour for the certificate to be approved and sent back to your LCN account.
Enabling or downloading your SSL Certificate
- Once your SSL certificate has been validated - you can enable or download the certificate by going to the SSL Certificates section of your LCN account and selecting to Manage the certificate.
- If your site is hosted with LCN - select Enable to activate the SSL certificate on your hosting, otherwise if the certificate needs to be installed to a different server, select Download to download a zip file containing the certificate.
- Allow up to 24 hours for the certificate to become active on the domain. Once enabled, you can check your certificate is working by going to the https version of your website. E.g. https://www.mydomain.com
That’s it! You have now successfully setup, validated and enabled your SSL certificate on your website.