What you’ll be doing:
- You will be involved with the full lifecycle of projects from initial requirement gathering and planning, through development, internal demonstrations and finally deployment.
- You will work closely with the rest of the R+D team and with other departments focusing on creating quality software and delivering awesome customer experience.
- You will be immersed in the ever changing web arena and newly emerging technologies.
What we are looking for:Essential
- Proven track record of delivering web applications.
- Proven commercial experience using Ruby on Rails.
- Experience of test driven development (eg. rspec).
- Experience of Agile development (XP/Scrum).
- Good understanding of version control tools (eg. Git).
- Working knowledge of OSX / Linux.
- Experience of using MySQL/PostgreSQL/Redis.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present your ideas to a team.
- Flexibility, commitment and a collaborative approach to working.
- The ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Focus on frequent delivery of working systems.
- Experience of web services.
- Experience of other scripting languages.
- Involvement in the Rails community.
When you will be working:
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
About the Company:
- We are a leading UK domain name and web hosting company with a reputation for great design and usability.
- From individuals to SME's to corporates, our customer base is wide and varied. Each group provides exciting challenges and opportunities for us to explore.
- We have a great team of talented individuals focused on growing the business. We encourage innovation and creativity wherever we can.
- Our friendly and informal atmosphere provides a great opportunity for career progression in a fast paced, cutting edge technology environment.
The benefits of working for us
Work, fun, and generous benefits go together. As a member of our team you’ll enjoy benefits such as…
- 26 days annual holiday (including your birthday)
- Generous training plan. Want to learn it? Just ask!
- Relaxed working environment
- Free bikes to use during the day and bike storage
- Free snacks and fruit
- Games room and chillout lounge
- Subsidised local gym membership
That’s only a few of the benefits too! Check out the full list here and you’ll quickly learn why LCN.com really is a great place to work.