- Stevenage, Hertfordshire (20 minutes from London Kings Cross)
- Responsible to:
- Development Manager
Working as part of a small focused team on internal brands you will be producing creative material for the web. This varied role requires a dynamic individual who can demonstrate great design flair, a creative eye and attention to detail.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include project research, problem solving & interface design using a user centered approach. As well as design of new & original creative concepts for websites, emails, banners and pages for our new products.
You should have at least 1 year of commercial experience, a passion for design and a can-do-attitude. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual who wants to be part of a forward-thinking company.
- Skills required
- Commercial experience with the following software: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Good knowledge of best practices, standards, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Good information architecture and key page design
- The ability to resolve creative problems
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable presenting ideas and solutions
- Competent using Mac OS X
- Enthusiasm in coding for device diversity - PC/Mac, Tablet, Smartphone
- Enthusiasm for emerging technologies - HTML 5, CSS 3, responsive design
- Passionate about what you do and a genuine enthusiasm to collaborate
- Advantageous (but not essential) skills
- HTML5, XHTML, XML, AJAX
- Any programming skills e.g. Ruby on Rails
- Version control systems e.g. Git
- Any video/multimedia skills
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- About the role
Receiving design concepts or marketing briefs you will be responsible for helping to deliver high quality creative solutions that will enhance our brand. With an extreme interest in the ever changing web design space, you will be encouraged to bring ideas to the table in terms of techniques, technology and trends.
With your critical eye for detail you will help maintain consistent styling and themes throughout our brands and guarantee quality assurance on the design work you deliver.Liaising closely with the UX lead, other designers and the Development Manager you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on delivering an awesome user experience for our customers.