- Stevenage, Hertfordshire (20 minutes from London Kings Cross)
- Responsible to:
- Development Manager
This is a unique opportunity for a creative and highly skilled Web Developer with at least 3 years commercial experience to join a leading Internet services and hosting company. You will be joining a small focused team and will be developing customer facing and internal systems for multiple brands. You will be working with Ruby on Rails in an agile environment. The role involves constant exposure to new technologies and you will have the opportunity to learn new skills. You should be motivated by both technical and commercial achievement. This is an opportunity to make a real difference to a small team in a rapidly growing company, and to have real influence on its future direction and success.
- Skills Required
- Proven track record of delivering web applications
- Experience using Ruby on Rails
- Test driven development (rspec, cucumber, selenium)
- Agile development (XP/Scrum)
- Experience of version control i.e. Subversion/Git
- Strong communication skills - ability to present your ideas to a team
- Competent using OSX / Linux
- Experience of database design using MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Flexible, committed and punctual
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Focus on frequent delivery of working systems
- Advantageous (but not essential) Skills
- Experience of web services
- Experience of other scripting languages
- Basic understanding of UML
- Involvement in the Rails community
- About the Role
You will be involved with the full lifecycle of projects from initial requirement gathering and planning, through development, internal demonstrations and finally deployment.
You will work closely with the rest of the R+D team and with other departments focusing on creating quality software and delivering awesome customer experience.
You will be immersed in the ever changing web arena and newly emerging technologies.